Last Thursday night his school had an open house, so we went to see his classroom and lunchroom and meet his teachers. That helped a ton so he would know who his teacher is and where his classroom was. And there was a little boy in his class who was in his preschool class last year, so he was excited about that. His teacher's name is Mrs. Pounds, so his class is the Pound Puppies. How cute is that?!
Outside waiting for the bus to come! It comes at 7:40.
Seriously, when he got on the bus, I wanted to go with him to make sure he had someone to sit by so he wouldn't be scared. But that might be weird, having your mom on the bus with you. My eyes teared up as he got on the bus and Adria came and gave me a big hug. She's sweet.
Then we went to the school so we could see him get off the bus and make sure he made it to his classroom (crazy? yes, but Joe just humors me). So then it was just Adria, Troy and I for the rest of the day. We missed him!
The bus is supposed to arrive back at our house at 4:20, but it was about 25 minutes late, I am sure due to the newness of everything and making sure all the kids are on and off at the right place. He gave a big smile as he got off the bus and we were so happy he was home. It was a long day without him!
Then, of course, I peppered him with questions. He actually gave me more info than I thought he would. They have one recess, lunch, rest time, and snack. That is all he could remember. I was unpacking his lunch box and he didn't eat half of his lunch. He said he didn't feel like it (I think it was because he was so nervous and he usually doesn't feel good in uncomfortable situations). Then he wolfed down everything in sight. Poor kid was starving!
Oh my gosh! Do you even know that I have tears in my eyes right now?! This whole kindergarten thing has so not bothered me until just now reading about your day...and we're not even doing the bus! Stay strong, Mom!
ReplyDelete