Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day weekend

I am so thankful that I get to be a mom to these three cuties:




Joe and the kids gave me a great mother's day.  On Saturday, Joe took Tate and Adria out for a couple hours to run some "errands".  That was mother's day present enough because they left when Troy was sleeping so I had a couple of hours to myself.  They came back with flowers and a big heart shaped cookie that they decorated themselves at our grocery store.  Then Adria spilled the beans that they also got me a bracelet.  I told her I don't think she was supposed to tell me that and she put her hand over her mouth and said "whooops!".  Here is the awesome bracelet they gave me on Sunday:


It is one of those Pandora bracelets that you can add charms to.  I think Joe likes these kinds of gifts because now he always can get me a charm to add to it for other special occasions, so he always has a gift idea!  The best gift of all though was from Tate.  He brought home a homemade card from school that he really worked hard on.  He also brought home a story about "what I love best about my mom....."  He said he loved that I make him stuff.  Then he went on describing how I bake him chocolate chip cookies.  It said "that I get out the cookie dough and chocolate chips.  Then I put the oven on like 25 degrees and bake them for probably a minute.  Then I just take one and eat it!"   It was very sweet.  That is the kind of stuff I will never forget.

It was a rainy day here for mother's day, but actually that turned out to be good.  It is always really nice weather here, and we are always outside doing something, so today it was nice to be inside and relax.  They had a nice mother's day service at church, then we came home and while Troy was napping, the kids were playing the Wii, so I layed around and watched a movie and then we went out for an early dinner.  Very nice day and I felt very loved!

Here are some other pictures from this weekend.  On Saturday we went to a strawberry patch to pick some strawberries.  At first, Tate didn't want to go, but when we got there, he said "this is so much fun!".  They had a good time and Troy had a good time eating some of them right in the field!



The evidence he was sneaking strawberries!
I love this picture because I have a similar one of Tate mowing with Joe when he was about this age.

And I would also like to say Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful mom. I love her so much and she is an awesome mom and grandma. Also, Happy Mother's Day to my mother-in-law. I couldn't ask for a better mom-in-law. Thank you for raising such a great son!

No comments:

Post a Comment