I cannot tell you how much Tate loves Troy. He is so proud of him and tells me frequently "I just want to hug him all the time". The other day I brought the kids with me to the eye doctor to pick up some contacts and the nurse was oogling over Troy and asking me questions. She asked, "How old is he?" and before I could answer Tate proudly says "8 months". She asked, "Is he a good baby?" and Tate speaks up "yeah, but he spits up a lot". I couldn't get a word in edgewise! And when she was talking to Troy and playing with him a little bit, I snuck a peek at Tate and he was proudly smiling and watching closely to make sure she didn't cross any boundaries. I think his chest was even puffed out a little bit.
It melts my heart at how much this boy loves his little brother. I am very thankful, as it could have gone the other way and he could be jealous of all the attention Troy gets and not like him at all. He smothers him with love and sometimes it is so much I have to tell him to back away and give Troy some room. I remind Tate that when Troy starts crawling and walking he will be getting into all of his stuff. Tate promises me he won't care at all and I laugh and tell him I am going to put it in writing. So, here it is, folks- in writing!
Now, if only I could get Tate to love his sister that much........
No comments:
Post a Comment