Tonight Tate had to go to bed right after supper for punching Adria hard in the stomach. He said "I wanted to show her how strong I was" while he was wearing his superman costume.
It is hovering around 100 degrees everyday this week. We try to go to the pool in the morning so it is not so hot. Troy is not a huge fan of the heat and tends to get a little crabby when we hang out at the pool for hours on end.
We have met some great neighborhood friends and enjoyed a slip-n-slide party at our house today.
We have a huge lake about 10 minutes from our house, so we can go to the beach anytime we want. We have been there a couple of times this year and it is a nice change from the pool.
I was embarrassed by my kids behavior in Target today and I tried to pretend not to know them, but they kept calling me mom and walking by me. Why is it that I can bring Adria and Troy anywhere or Tate and Troy anywhere and it is fine, but when I bring all three, the older two can't seem to act normal?
It is going to be a looong, hot summer. I didn't even sign the kids up for t-ball or anything because it is too hot and I don't feel like having a schedule to follow this summer. Good thing we will be in Iowa in a few weeks to spend time with the grandparents and friends and maybe have a little cooler weather!
HA- it's 97 degrees here right now, so I wouldn't count on Iowa with giving you better weather :) I know what you mean about taking all 3 of the kids anywhere. Thankfully Joe is getting old enough that I can shame him into 'acting his age'. lol.
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting the video of Adria- I think that was just the motivation Christopher needed to ride his bike this year. When/how long are you guys going to be back here?
Miss you guys!!